As I was leaving work tonight, I had to clean off my car, which was covered with snow. As I am sitting in the car, waiting for a little heat to start working in the car, I decided to listen to my voice mail. It just happened to be Ryan's voice on the other end, telling me that he was wondering how I was doing. He just had to let me know that it is in the 80's in Florida today, where they are at for their choir tour this week, and he is walking around with his sleeves rolled up. He didn't have to rub it in, but he certainly did. I think he takes after his uncle Ernie, who loves to call me and give me weather reports from North Carolina, especially when it is storming here. We have several inches of snow predicted for tonight and tomorrow. Time will tell. I certianly would love to have a snow day tomorrow. I hope to get that 5:30 phone call to let me know that school is cancelled. Now, that doesn't mean I can roll over and go back to sleep. It means getting up, turning on the lights, getting my eyes adjusted to the bright lights of the computer, and starting the school cancelling process. I maintain and operate the Honeywell Instant Alert System, where I type the information into the computer, call a phone number, record my message over the telephone, click a button on the computer and my voice goes to around 1000 telephones, cell phones, e-mails, pagers, etc. It is an amazing process and works well for closing or delaying school. Then I change the school website information. After all of that, I make a very important decision... Do I go back to bed or stay up? Decisions! Decisions! I am techinically supposed to go in to work, even if the roads are bad, because secretaries at Lenawee Christian School do not have snow days as an option. But lately I have been exhausted and I have decided that if it is too bad for teachers and students to travel, then it is too bad for secretaries too. So, who knows! I may just decide to sleep in, IF we have a snow day tomorrow.
Daybook :: April 29
3 months ago