Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Watters Family News

I know several of you have asked about the happenings of the Watters family recently, so I will give you a rundown of what has been happening. My mother-in-law, Bonnie Watters, was hospitalized on January 5th with Pancreatitus, Enlarged Liver and Elevated Enzymes. She will be undergoing Gallbladder Removal Surgery on Friday, February 6. My father-in-law, George Watters, fell on the ice on January 12th and was found unconscious at the car dearlership, where he had gone to have repair work done on his truck. After several staples in his head and a couple of weeks of Tylenol, he is doing much better.


My granddaughter, JaLayna, daughter of Andrew & Jennifer Watters, has been having problems with extremely high fevers. After several tests and doctor visits, it was determined that she was born with deformities to her kidneys and that one of the kidneys was dumping the waste into her body. These toxins have caused her body to be FULL of infection. She was very swollen and a very sick little girl. On Wednesday, January 28, she was admitted to Children's Hospital in Columbus and had surgery on Friday, January 30th. They performed an Ureterostomy, which is the construction of an artificial opening from the ureter through the abdominal wall, permitting the passage of urine. She came through the surgery and anesthetics very well. We were very worried about her since she was so full of infection, but God protected and brought her through the surgery without incident. There were prayers going up for this little one all over the country and we are so thankful for the support. In 6 - 12 months, we will have to go back and have this Ureterostomy reversed and do some reconstructive surgery on little JaLayna, but the physcians feel that she needs time to recuperate, rid her body of infection and be a little older before they operate again. We are trusting God for a full recovery so she will be free of kidney problems as an adult.

On the BRIGHT SIDE...Jason and Kara have announced that they will be having an addition to their home in September. How exciting!! Miss Katie is going to be a 'big sister'. Does that ever sound funny to say! Katie has been talking so much lately. Complete sentences are a part of her normal vocabulary now and that is so fun. Jason has worked diligently to replace the floor in my basement. It looks so nice. Kara has been faithful to help me with Women of Worth every month. I just hope she starts feeling better soon and that the morning sickness is soon just a memory.

Ryan is doing great! He was the statue/narrator in the GBS Christmas Play this year. He's extremely busy these days with his position as President of the Ministerial Students, which involves a lot of organization on his part, taking Greek II, and some other difficult classes, as well as preparing for the College Choir Tour through the southern states from February 18-March 1. The highlight of his year is going to be the Choir Trip to Ireland in May. This should be a memorable time for him.


I have been working full-time at Lenawee Christian School, actually celebrating 17 years as the high school secretary this week. Whew! Where has the time gone? From January through April, I also work at Tax Pro Filers in the Mall as a receptionist. I have worked 7:30 a.m. to 9:00 or 10:00 p.m. SEVERAL nights and I am tired, but it helps me financially with tuition and high heating bills. I am grateful for the strength the Lord gives me in that I am able to do these long hours.
I have been asked to go on vacation with some of my family next month and I am very excited about that. I have never went on vacation during the school year but this is the time when it would work out best for everyone else, so my schedule will just flex with theirs. I am excited about getting away and just resting.

For those who have been inquiring about my family, here ya go...I'll try to update sooner next time so it isn't like a BOOK.





1 comment:

Grandmagene said...

Thanks for updating your blog. I always like to read what is going on in your family. I have been praying for JaLayna. Poor little thing. But so glad she is doing better. I am excited for you for another grandbaby. Miss Kate will be 4 the end of this month right? I believe the 27th? Sometimes I can remember stuff and other things is gone. lol So glad you will get to take a vacation. Who are you going with and where are you going? That will be so much fun for you. So glad for you. That is ok if you write a book, I do it all the time. lol