Monday, April 14, 2008

Heading to IHC

I'll be heading to IHC first thing Tuesday morning. I'm very excited about it. It is a tiring three days but so rewarding! I love attending the services! I love going to Women of Worth and being a part of the organizational part of the special service. Being with family is especially nice. I'll miss Andy & Jenn, JeNa and Jaxon being there this year, but they are heading for Florida tomorrow for their vacation. With Andrew's line of work (construction), it is hard to have time off during the summer, so they decided to go in April. Jason, Kara and Katie and I will be traveling to Dayton together. I'm looking forward to that. We'll have a lot of fun, especially with Katie and mamaw in the back seat. I'm going to take some M & M's with me. They work great for bribes. :-) Ryan will be there when I arrive, as he has to be there EARLY to start his new job as IHC photographer. He is quite nervous about it but will do a great job. He shadowed Steve Stetler last year and did good, so I am confident he'll do fine this time too. I remember after the second day last year he couldn't hardly lift his arms up, and that was from taking so many pictures. I had never thought about the fact that you don't usually hold your arms in that position for extended periods of time. Megan is going to come and stay with me. That will be nice to have her there. I just hope I don't snore too much and keep her awake. :-) I hope to see a lot of you in Dayton.

On Thursday evening we are going to head toward Cincinnati and Jason, Kara, Katie and I are going to stay at a motel and do some sightseeing in Cincinnati on Friday and Saturday. Friday, I believe we are going to go to the Newport Aquarium and on Saturday we plan to go to the Creation Museum. We will climax the week with attending the Collingsworth Concert on Saturday night. It is a live videotaping and there are lots of fun things planned for the evening. I'm very excited about this special event. I'll fill you in on the details when I return. Have a great week.

No comments: