Monday, April 21, 2008

Back to the 'grind'

I had a wonderful time at IHC. I love the fellowship, busyness, services, music and just being with family. I thoroughly enjoyed being with people I haven't seen in a long time. The Women of Worth meeting was so divinely inspired by God from the congregational to the final amen. The Cassidy family did a phenomenal job in singing and Louise Crouse was a magnificent speaker. Her 'message' was for me. Sometimes it is easy to 'get in a hurry'. I just want God to show me what he has in store for my future. I never want to open a door or even close one but sometimes I wish God would move faster and show me what HE has in store for my future. The loneliness of being in this big house all by myself is sometimes overwhelming. I just want GOD to direct me. I have been feeling so restless for about a year now and I'll be anxious to know the reason but I know that God will show me in HIS time. Louise's illustrations of her life were great examples as to why it is best to wait on God for direction.

I was quite busy with helping Ryan sort pictures. He was the photographer for IHC this year, so he would bring the memory card to me, as I sat in the bleachers, then he would go back out and take more pictures while I downloaded the card onto his laptop. Then I sorted and sorted the pictures, so he could put them on a CD and give them to the Convention staff. After sorting over 4,000 pictures, my eyes were very tired and watered a lot. I'm not used to doing that, but at least he was able to have help so he didn't have to do the sorting at night, after the final service. He wouldn't have had time to sleep if he had done that. If you want to see any of the pictures he took, go to http://www.ihconvention.com/, click on the 2008 tab and then click on photos.

After the Thursday evening service, Jason, Kara, Katie and I went to Cincinnati, where we stayed for a few nights. We went to the Newport Aquarium on Friday and had free tickets to go to the Creation Museum on Saturday. That is a remarkable place. It would be so interesting to take an atheist to that building and let them try denying the existence of God. They had salvation presentations throughout the museum. It was great! We then went to the Burlington Bible Methodist Church on Sunday morning and enjoyed the service. We went back to God's Bible School with Ryan and ate Sunday dinner there at the campus before heading back to Michigan. It was a great weekend.

Now, it is back to work. Trying to get my desk back in order and figure out what happened in the week I was away is a challenge. Since I am responsible for attendance for 350 kids, plus selling tickets for our school play, and everything else associated with being a high school secretary, it is a challenge to be away during the busy time, but that is just the way it is. IHC is worth it all.

1 comment:

Grammy said...

I am so glad that you were able to get away for a few days and to have some fun!The Creation Museum sounds so interesting that we will have to make plans to go there sometime soon. It was so nice to be able to be with you! We are praying for God's Perfect Will for your life! I really enjoyed the Women Of Worth Session too! They do a great job! We love you very much and are praying for you!