Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Spring - YEAH!!!


I love the freshness of spring. With the sunshine each morning, it brings joy to our days that cannot be duplicated in any other way. I walked outside tonight and noticed that all of my dogwood trees are in FULL bloom! They are so pretty. I wish they kept their flowers all year long. They remind me so much of a cross when I study them closely. I believe one of my favorite 'plants' is the hosta. they are so pretty and I marvel at their outlined leaves. God is so creative in the way he created all of the different trees, flowers and all of the special touches that he puts on a beautiful yard. One thing that amazes me is how he can take something so dead as a twig and bring it to life. Jason planted a tree last year and about mid-way through the summer, it seemed DEAD. We didn't even bother to water it any more. It was withered up and I thought it was dead. All of its leaves fell off during the heat of August. Well I have been thinking, "I need to out there and pull up that stick that he had the 'twig' tied to and just mow that area. There is no sense in mowing around a stick in the yard if the tree is dead." Well, I decided to mow my lawn this week (IT NEEDED IT!!!) and low and behold that tree is sprouting new leaves. I was shocked. I am so glad that I procrastinated (can you believe I just said that?) and did not pull it up. Usually, I would be hasty to just get rid of it and move on with my mowing, but I didn't do that this time. I guess I take this as a lesson. I tend to get hasty and have to remind God that he must need my help because he sure doesn't seem to be moving very fast. Maybe he forgot that I needed this or that. Maybe I should remind him. Oh, if I would just relax. I know everything will work out according to HIS plan, if I just trust him.

2 comments:

grandmagene said...

Cheryl,
YOu do a great job at blogging too. I check out everyones blogs about everyday if I can. Have a wonderful time at the retreat. Take lots of pictures so you can post when you get back. Love ya

Tanjala said...

Thanks for your prayers and for your offers of help. It is greatly appreciated.